07 December, 2008

Jalpa's Wedding

Past week had remained quite rustic and highly mobilized. Transporting myself from Porbandar to Rajkot to Veraval and again moving in the same loop twice was like a roller-coaster ride, one for Kankotri printing and secondly for Dharmistha’s wedding. Life just doesn’t come to a halt. What we need in life is a dynamic approach with a bit of routine touch so as to satiate ourselves. At least of a simple type, but then there should be a one.
Going to Rajkot from Porbandar for transferring whole residence goods to Veraval, so scrutinizing, packing and then loading everything onto a truck was a big mess. I just survived. And then traveling the same truck to Veraval was a night mare. I hardly survived those dumping roads. It doesn’t seem that a road bears holes, rather holes bear the road. After reaching Veraval, we need to do the reverse of what we did in Rajkot. Unpack, scrutinize and self it.

By the time, job in Porbandar was come calling and Jalpa’s marriage is around the corner. (on 12th of Dec in fact) So doing a day or two shifts in Porbandar I had to roll on to Rajkot for wedding card printing. So after having total three shifts in Porbandar I moved on to Rajkot.

Now those three days in Rajkot without vehicle and almost on the mercy of my friends, I somehow finished my work and was on my way home to Veraval. Doing Kankotri work and its printing was not that cumbersome as I had bit of past experience that of Vibration and such other college tech-fests. While my stay in Rajkot from 24th to 26th November, I thought of myself a lot. Walking down the mazes of Rajkot, almost for the first time ever in last six and a half years; only the thing, my eyes didn’t welled. And yeah, on the last day of my stay in Rajkot, Hetal called me. I denied. I shouted. I was on fire. I calm down. I called her back. I said can I come? And there I was on my way to her residence. Sitting at her residence with her and her mother was quite a respite for me. Rather a treat. And hey, by the way Hetal, that cold coffee was more of a banana juice than a coffee.
kankotri
I can’t forget the down to earth nature of some of my friends who helped me during my stay at Rajkot. I can’t forget Alpesh, Jotangia and Hansal for their support. If they weren’t my friend, I wouldn’t have gone to Rajkot, that’s for sure.

Kankotri – the wedding invitation card was a major load. And then, marriage venue, catering, transportation, flowers, puja stuffs and other lot myriad of things were on its way to be done. My job was: to do everything. To arrange all these things, what ever I’ve mentioned. Starting with invitation card.
mom n dad writing kankotri's to relatives
Life’s a continuum. Life takes a roller coaster ride, juxtaposing you like tiny tot of a bioscope, rolling over from one side to another. And onto that, being an engineer, one always (rather has to live) lives in one upon trance.

Mom always says for incantation. Reciting Gayatri Mantra definitely has magical effect. But then, I say back, mom you do it double. Half for me too, and it helps. My mom is too good. Oo…I got a call from dad. I have to go. Bye. Ciao. I’ll write later on.

2 comments:

bhagirath said...

WISH both Dr.s Very very Happppppppyyyy life ahead.....May God blesssss them & give them lots of HAapppppineesss & successssss in newly Bgn liffffeeeeee......

c'est la vie said...

@bhagirath.
thankx a lot bro. i'd have loved if you'd have remained present at the occassion. but it's ok.

and yeah, thanks for stopping by.